1. Me outside my stately home! Ha ha….fooled you! (West Green House)
I will explain: recently the Mrs allowed me to join her band of walking buddies so I thought you would like to see some of the sites I was allowed to see on this five mile hike…. all the training I gave her in April obviously paid off as the Mrs managed the whole route. The Boss said there was a carrot at the end of the stick and that was why the Mrs had completed it but she carried no stick and I am not sure she is that fond of carrots …
2. We passed this delightfully refreshing looking pond but it was part of someone’s private home and garden so I had to wear my lead and the Mrs had to be attached to the other end. No swimming today! (Dipley Mill) I also busied myself trying to keeping my human herd together in tight formation. They get side tracked by talking and studying a paper with lots of lines and symbols on – none of them follow their noses like I do but they managed to find their way across the land so maybe they do have some superior qualities…..
3. I hadn’t realised how famous my tribe was! Along the side of the path were growing bushes of beautiful flowers and the Mrs informed me they were called Dog Roses. Aha I thought, planted specially for me! I did try to leave my calling scent beneath but was quickly discouraged and told to just admire the view and stop lifting my leg – this was confusingly difficult as I need to lift my legs to walk so I just kept plodding on and the Mrs seemed pleased enough.
5. Here I am emerging from woodland to find the unusual and quaint Mattingley Church which was built in the later 1400’s – how do I know that? I listened to their leader reading from the info – dogs aren’t daft you know.
6. The Mrs seemed to suddenly find extra energy and we finally left nature behind to return to our starting point – The Leather Bottle. I felt satisfaction and relief emanating from her when we stopped our trekking to sit down for refreshments. I had another drink and the Mrs ordered lunch but I don’t think it was carrots!